About my domains: artificial intelligence, handicraft, emotional design, science fiction,
All the words I wrote down are divided into three groups: positive, tools, negative.
Positive: relax, creativity, habits, traditional, sweater from mom, feeling, emotion, perfect, culture, efficiency;
Tools: interface, handmade, patterns, artificial intelligence, manufacture, interface, machine, interaction, factory, picture recognition;
Negative: time consuming, process, mistakes, human resources;
10 research questions:
1. How do handicraftsmen convey their emotion and idea through the process of making?
2. How audiences feel the emotion from a handicraft?
3. Does machine put emotion into the process of manufacture?
4. Can machine make a emotional design project?
5. What kind of role does handicraft play in the history of human evolution?
6. Can we visualize the emotional expression during the making process?
7. What kind of making process are able to arise people's emotion?
8. Can human beings and machines collaborate to make a handicraft?
9. Can AI help human beings to inherit traditional cultures or replace them?
10. Can people tell the difference between handmade crafts and machine-made products?
3 refined research questions:
1. Instead of putting machines and AI in the opposite of traditional culture and human beings, can we make use of technology as a tool to advocate traditional culture and techniques?
2. Is it possible to create a cyborg tool for people to reduce the degree of difficulty and add fun during the process of making a handicraft?
3. How can we change the way of handicraft display (still and quiet) by making a handicraft express for itself (interactive and emotional)?
25 people whom I’d like to interview:
List of sources in my domain:
The emotion machine (invited speech): from pain to suffering
(to be continued)